Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Educational Resources for students, parents, and teachers.

From my days as a student and educator, I have compiled a list of websites that provide fun and engaging ways to train your "math brain". Check out the top 15 at my website. You'll find websites for students, parents and teachers.

For students, check out FunBrain for exciting and engaging games to help improve your mental math skills on the basic concepts. For those of you in my more advanced classes try out Zone Land and wolfram for help with your homework. Also explore S.O.S Math for review material on more advanced math.

Parents, there is nothing more frustrating than your child bringing home math you can't help them with. The websites I've provided will help you change that with reviews in advanced math and basic math quizzes to get you sharp and ready for your students homework. On another note take a look at the scholastic link for articles on your child's behavior and academics. Learn why Billy does what he does and how to help him. In conjunction read some articles from Inspire My Kids to inspire your kids to achieve their fullest potential.

Finally to my fellow teachers. The links I provided on my website provide interesting ideas to help spark ideas for fun math lessons. I would heartily suggest trying out MathCaching, from Mathbits, with your class. One of my favorite links is the statistics problem generator that provides statistics story problems for when you've run out of scenarios. Before you leave make sure to look at Teachers pay Teachers. Perhaps one of your lesson plans is worth more than you know?

I put together this list to assist and engage the brains of students and parents with review lessons and flash games. And for the teachers, a small respite from lesson plan writing and scenario generating. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment